background

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey Trot



So I got this bright idea that since I have never ran a 10k that Thanksgiving morning would be a great time to do so. A couple of my friends (Nikki and Becky) decided to go along with the bright idea and joined in the fun. Well, there were more that 4,o00 people that decided to join in the fun! The Mi Amigo's Turkey Trot has been going on for a long time - I just didn't know about it. Apparently it's a tradition for many families. I did pretty well (better than I expected) for my first 10k. My time was 1:05 for a 6.2 mile race. Next year I'd like to come in under an hour. Up side, I didn't feel one bit eating some yummy desserts later in the day. The down side - my legs were so sore for about 3 days! Ooohh the burn! (By the way - you can't see me in the crowd- but you can see my hand! That's me waving to Daniel to the left of the middle of the picture!)

2 comments:

Jessie said...

i saw it, i saw your hand!!

hooray hooray for you melissa. i have never run a 10K, nor do i ever aspire to. :) it looks WAY too hard.

i am very impressed with people who can do those sorts of things. congrats!

Jessie said...

how gorgeous do you guys look in your header pic?! please post a new post... i know you have TONS to catch us up on! :)