background

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Projects at Home

First off - the chicken coupe! Yes, that's Daniel's cute bum in the picture :) He's building the coupe all by himself and doing quiet an amazing job. It's farther along now, so we'll add more pictures soon.
This is why we need to get the coupe done soon!!! The chicks are not chicks anymore. They are about three times the size they were when we got them and definitely need some space!
This is our last big project right now - the garden! Yeah, I think we've planted just about everything we can think of that will grow in the Fall/Winter season: lettuce, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, swiss chard, beets, radishes, snap peas, butternut squash, sweet onions, red onions and maybe something else I'm forgetting :) Isn't this the cutest garden ever. I love the little flower boxes that Daniel built! So cute!

7 comments:

Jessie said...

wow! so many things to comment on in such a short post! :)

1. the chicks are getting big!
2. i LOVE the new header picture of you guys! melissa, you're a supermodel!
3. the flower boxes in the garden are cute. good job daniel.
4. building a chicken coupe is a hard job, i would imagine, good job again daniel, very impressive!
5. so melissa, with all this food you are growing, i am expecting a big, delicious, mouthwateringly good meal when i get back! :)

we miss you guys!

coxlopes said...

Ha Ha! I love your "comments" - Yes! We are planning a super-delicious meal using lots of stuff from the garden (if it's ready to eat). I can't wait!

Jessie said...

awesome! i can't wait either! miss you guys! :)

Sara said...

I love the garden! I miss having chicks too!

Jessica said...

This is awesome! I can't wait until we can have our own garden. I'll be calling you for tips and ideas when I do!!

DJ and Sara said...

So cool. The coop is amazing. I can't wait to see how Tobby shares the yard with your chicks!

Those Crazy Sisters said...

Wow the Chickens are getting soo BIG!